Griddled chicken with quinoa Greek salad
Posted on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015
Ready in just 20 minutes, Serves 4
A light dish of grilled chicken fillets and authentic salad with olives, feta cheese, tomato and mint an and Gluten-free
Nutrition per serving Calories 473, protein 37g, Carbs 35g, fat 20g, saturates 8g, sugar 8g, fibre 2g and salt 1.4g
- 225g quinoa
- 25g butter
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g chicken mini fillets
- 1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 300g vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- handful pitted black olives
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- small bunch mint leaves, chopped
- juice and zest ½ lemon
- Cook the quinoa following the pack instructions, then rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, mix the butter, chilli and garlic into a paste. Toss the chicken fillets in 2 tsp of the olive oil with some seasoning. Lay in a hot griddle pan and cook for 3-4 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, dot with the spicy butter and set aside to melt.
- Next, tip the tomatoes, olives, onion, feta and mint into a bowl. Toss in the cooked quinoa. Stir through the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and season well. Serve with the chicken fillets on top, drizzled with any buttery chicken juices.